- Went off Birth Control
- Began monitoring my monthly cycle length, expected fertile days on “my period tracker” app
- Began to intentionally TTC
- Pulled out the big guns – Timed intercourse, temperature tracking, ovulation predictor kits
- Still optimistic
- Semen analysis – lots of confusion over interpretation of results. Nephrologist was concerned, recommended we talk to someone further about it. Urologist said the numbers were great. Drove us NUTS!
- Optimism fading
- 1st appointment with infertility nurse
- Lab work – perfect
- Transvaginal U/S to check out uterus, tubes, ovaries – perfect
- Stress, stress, stress! What is wrong with us? Why is this not working?
- Met with OB/GYN for the first time. She said that things look great for us. Our hormones were all within normal limits. She thought we should wait on the HSG, give it a few more months, and even try IUI before starting fertility medications
- Preseed purchased and utilized
- HSG – tubes open and clear
- 1st IUI
- 2nd IUI
- Late November, started 1st round of Clomid, no LH surge detected, no IUI
- 2nd round of Clomid
- Unable to detect LH surge = no IUI
- Late….!!!!!!!!! My cycle was 35 days. I thought I was pregnant. My cycle has only been over 29 days 1 other time. We were devastated and called our OB and figured out a new plan: Clomid, U/S, Ovidrel, IUI.
- 3rd month of Clomid
- Day 11 U/S showed uterine lining was good, 3 follicles, Ovidrel that night
February 1, 2012
- Day 13 IUI
- That same afternoon, we met with the Reproductive Endocrinologist, who revealed that my husband’s medication was possibly causing reversible male infertility, acting as a contraceptive
- Waiting stage.
- Spermatogenesis takes approximately 64 days, other says 3 months…either way, WE. ARE. WAITING.
- Clomid + IUI # 4 – unsuccessful
- Pursuing IVF
- May 9 – CD 3 U/S, blood work – After a year and a half of infertility and told it was “unexplained” infertility, I was finally diagnosed with ENDOMETRIOSIS. Although it is great to finally know why we have had so much trouble, it comes with a whole new set of worries.
- May 14 – Mock Embryo Transfer, Doppler U/S
- Begin IVF Cycle Meds
- July 10 – egg retrieval
- July 15 – embryo transfer
- July 20 – 1st positive pregnancy test
- July 24 – Beta #1 98 (9dp5dt)
- July 26 – Beta #2 427 (11dp5dt)
- August 13 – 6w6d 1st ultrasound – one beautiful healthy baby!!!!!!!!!!!
- September 6 – 10w3d – able to hear the baby’s heartbeat on our home fetal doppler!
- September 12 – 11w1d 2nd ultrasound, 1st OB appointment – healthy strong baby!
- October 15 – OB appointment